Strange Facts.com has a whole collection of quirky facts, some of which you might never have heard of. (Sadly, they’re not related to ISB.) Here’s some:
· In a standard deck of cards, the King of Hearts is the only king without a moustache.
- If you ever visit Iceland as a tourist, take note: tipping at a restaurant is considered an insult.
- · ‘Skepticisms’ is the longest word that can be typed while alternating hands.
- · No piece of paper that’s square and dry can be folded in half more than seven times.
- · Over 2 500 left-handed people a year are killed from using products made for right-handed people.
- · ‘Taphephobia’ is a word for the fear of being buried alive.
- · The longest recorded chicken flight lasted 13 seconds.
- · Slugs have four noses.
- · In the Pony Express (a fast mail service), there weren’t any ponies- just horses.
- · There is no word in the dictionary that rhymes with ‘orange’, ‘purple’ or ‘month’.
- · ‘Lachanophobia’ is a word which means fear of vegetables.
- · An average person laughs 13 times a day.
There are much more at www.strangefacts.com, or you can check Google out for other websites. I didn’t know almost all of the facts that I read on the website and it was very interesting to learn them. Maybe once you’ve read them, you can test your family and friends with these quirky facts!